THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pigmaker23

is Blowin Smoke!
The date for the second annual "Freeze Your Butt Off " BBQ Contest has been decided. It will be held on February 14 & 15 2009 at the Maynard Rod & Gun Club in Maynard Ma.

Contest Highlights will include a Pot Luck Supper on Saturday Night, A Valentines day themed costume contest and some other suprises.

This contest will be a KCBS Sanctioned Contest and a State Championship, Paper work is currently in the works for both.

So mark your calenders now for the first "event" of 2009 !

well, if there is a reson to get into the dog house, so early in the season, what better reason than a contest.....but, then again, we could turn this thread into a woodpile one real fast.......

The best day for Valentines Day is the 15th, everything is half prise the next day.:wink:

Somebody must need a trophy real bad to go to that, at that time, under those conditions. I wouldn't suppose there would be many competitors going to that and V day seems to put a nail in it as well.

I take my Wife to all the comps, we are a team. So V Day is so no big deal. However, I live in the desert, so anything under 50 degrees feels like freezing to death.

I saw pictures of last years, more power to you guys.

It got a little nippy there in Buckeye... I had to put a sweatshirt on... Still was able to wear shorts though...

nobody said you had to sign up, after all its a state championship, heres last year at 6:00 AM Saturday

Somebody must need a trophy real bad to go to that, at that time, under those conditions. I wouldn't suppose there would be many competitors going to that and V day seems to put a nail in it as well.

Attachments

can I bring my wife???
seriously, can we get the H2O working by then? Could be a deal maker/breaker...
nancee

You are encouraged to bring your wife or best girl... or both it will be a family event

nobody said you had to sign up, after all its a state championship, heres last year at 6:00 AM Saturday

LOL Since you put it that way you yanks are madmen, although I question my own sanity being at the Taylor once when it was 105 degrees and I was in front of a 300 degree pit. Hmm cold or heat?

I could have used that picture then. Look at that snow! Jesus.

Back