THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQButler

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Sooooo---- I have perfected my grilling techniques ( indirect, direct, smoking and even using a gasser ). My dad who has been a gas man for the past 30 years got a BGE. He got one a week ago and is hooked to it like pron. He wants to buy me one. My initial response was I don't need one ( of course they are pretty and I can make room) but woul I really use it. I currently own a 10 year old lifetime warranty SS Jenn-air gasser ( for convenience or cleaning grill grates), 26.75 Weber kettle, two 18" WSM's, 22 WSM, 22.5 performer, 18 smoker Joe platinum. Idk what I would cook on the BGE. I use my 26.75 almost every weekend. I probably need to pass down a WSM and kettle or 2 anyway .. Is the BGE really all it's cracked up to be?

I'd say go for it....I just added the joe to my lineup a couple weeks ago and it really does fill a niche IMO. Love it!

If I had the cooking arsenal you do plus a big green egg , I would give one of my cooking devises away to make some room and it would NOT be the BGE ! Just saying .

I never thought I needed a kamado either until I got one. Now my Weber's collect dust. I still use my 22.5" WSM when I need the larger capacity for making bacon and for comps since it's easier to haul but other than that I use the Kamado 100% of the time...they are that good and mind isn't even one of the "big 3" it's just a Vision from Sam's.

I'm asking about the BGE. I know they are cool -- just more curious about those who have the, and experiences. ( I can cook badass on what I have, thus always thought the BGE was a waste of money ) --- but my dad thinks they are the "best appliance ever made ". So --- I am looking at one. Perhaps some of my grill cooks would be better--- I can't see using it in leu of my WSM.

Back