THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neil

Quintessential Chatty Farker
The owner of the mobile home park in which I live,(yes we do have them up north too), stopped by and gave me one of his free range chickens he raises on his farm. I've never seen a chicken so farking big, thing must be 7-8#'s dressed out! Looks more like a goose or big duck. Not sure if I should smoke it or roast it, any ideas out there? This is the same guy who told me I to get rid of my outdooor kitchen which prompted me to put our home up for sale and start looking for a new house.

I've done free range birds a couple of times (bought them on accident when I went for a normal bird sale). Brined 'em, shoved beer cans up their bums, and let them have a go on the 'Dera.

In all honesty, the meat was really good, but I can't imagine making a habit of spending that much $$$ on free range meat. We've got a gourmet meat market in town that sells only free range meat and it is HIGH!!! Yeah, not exposing the fam to steroids and hormones is important to me, but spending $3-$4 per lb on shoulder when I can buy it for $1.55 all day long at Costco?

Quote:

We've got a gourmet meat market in town that sells only free range meat and it is HIGH!!!

J, where ya shoppin'?

Where ever it is cheapest!!! :D

The place I'm talking about with the free range meat is Ranchers Gourmet Meat over on 119th and Metcalf in Overland Park. I've got a couple of friends that will only buy their meat there..... We just don't invite them over when us WT fire up the 'moker and serve our common Q! :twisted:

You should just let her run around the yard and eat June bugs...

Back