THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

snyper77

Full Fledged Farker
Just a reminder guys to check Craigslist often for free wood. I just found this one in my area (Huntsville, AL):

• Free fire wood. We have red oak, white oak, wild cherry, pecan, pine, black walnut, and hickory.

Is that not a dream come true? :thumb:

Of course, you would never put PINE in your fireplace (or smoker).....and I'm not sure if you can cook with walnut.

Good find! Please send some to me in Taiwan - I have to pay US$17 for 9oz of hickory wood!

Nothing wrong with burning a little pine in the fireplace. Stuff works fine early in the morning when you want a quick fire to take the chill off. Of course, with any wood you have to maintain a clean chimney and watch out for creosote build up.

We had a couple nasty storms around here and folks are giving away free firewood left and right (some of it is already split). Too bad I've already filled my wood shed, but I prefer to give mine at least a full summer to dry.

Back