Franklin Bbq Pits

I'm not knocking Franklin's ability to build a good running pit. Based on what I saw in last month's Texas Monthy article, Franklin's pit isn't in the same league compared LSG and many of the other fine pit builders level of fit, finish & options. I like Franklin personally, like his restaurant, and I own his great cookbook. But I think he's selling a minor league barebones pit at a major league price point of $2000 approx.

My 24x60 LSG arrived two weeks ago and I couldn't be happier
it holds rock steady temps anywhere from 235-350* with a stick every 40-60 mins. The temps are dead even from one end of the cook chamber to the other. I'm cooking two 10lb briskets and three rib racks tomorrow :grin:

I never saw a "waiting list". I only saw a list to sign up for more information when it becomes available ?

I stand corrected. I mistook the information list as an "indication of interest". As it turns out, thousands of people have signed up for more information and Franklin will only have about 100 pits ready to sell when they first release them according to an article I read that was written in May. At that rate, it could be a couple of years before supply catches up with demand.

I'm not knocking Franklin's ability to build a good running pit. Based on what I saw in last month's Texas Monthy article, Franklin's pit isn't in the same league compared LSG and many of the other fine pit builders level of fit, finish & options. I like Franklin personally, like his restaurant, and I own his great cookbook. But I think he's selling a minor league barebones pit at a major league price point of $2000 approx.

Time will tell but if I had to guess right now, I think you are correct. It's taken many years of refining the manufacturing process at some of these more established builders to get their pits to this level and they are using state of the art equipment which costs a lot of money. It would be quite a feat to produce a product at their level from day one.

PS
Congratulations on your LSG! :clap:

Debating on Waiting till 2018 for a franklin bbq pit or order a offset From 24x60 LSG or East Texas Smoker Company Rk250

https://franklinbbqpits.com/ any one else looking to buy one?

My 24x60 LSG arrived two weeks ago and I couldn't be happier
it holds rock steady temps anywhere from 235-350* with a stick every 40-60 mins. The temps are dead even from one end of the cook chamber to the other. I'm cooking two 10lb briskets and three rib racks tomorrow :grin:

Very nice, any estimate on what 24x60 hold? also post a Picture if you get a chance. I was looking into the Rk250 for the space and trailer but i can put the 24x60 on a trailer here in cali.

Back