THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sportsnut

is one Smokin' Farker
I have an older {5years old} 22" WSM without the rubber grommet for temperature probes and wires to pass through. My new 14" WSM has them already installed from the factory.

I called Weber to see about purchasing just the grommet but they said it would void my warranty if I drilled the hole to install the grommet. They would sell me the new center section with grommet installed for $160
I guess I could have just told them I wanted a replacement for the one in the new 14" WSM but i was honest and told them my true intentions...

Does anyone know of a place to purchase the grommet besides directly from Weber ?

TIA

Ron

Last edited:
I'd suggest pushing the bad one out and visiting the local hardware store to replace the grommet. When I was building my mini I simply drilled a hole and put the properly sized grommet in the hole. Probe slides right through along with the wire. Hope this is what you're looking for.

I'd suggest pushing the bad one out and visiting the local hardware store to replace the grommet. When I was building my mini I simply drilled a hole and put the properly sized grommet in the hole. Probe slides right through along with the wire. Hope this is what you're looking for.

The unit doesn't have one installed. I'll just drill a couple holes and install the grommets from the Ebay link I posted above.

Back