THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cyberstrategist

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Cyber
I'm in the process of getting a mobile catering trailer that will have the porch with smoker and basically be the mobile kitchen, as well. My question is...

What truck are you using to haul your trailer?

I have a 2005 Nissan Titan but am uncertain if I trust a half-ton rated truck to pull, at worse case, a 24 foot fully loaded trailer.

Thoughts?

I'm in the process of getting a mobile catering trailer that will have the porch with smoker and basically be the mobile kitchen, as well. My question is...

I have a 2005 Nissan Titan but am uncertain if I trust a half-ton rated truck to pull, at worse case, a 24 foot fully loaded trailer.

Thoughts?

I have a 24' porch trailer that I pull with a 3500 dodge. Fully loaded my trailer weighs about 9700 pounds and would not think about pulling it with a 1/2 ton truck.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't go above 7000 pounds with you Titan. The bigger problem will be the tongue weight. The cargo carrying capacity of a half ton like the Titan is around 1000 pounds (check the specs), and that includes fuel, passengers and anything in the bed of a truck. I towed a 6500 pound toy hauler with my Titan for four years and it handled well, but I wouldn't be comfortable with much more than that.

I will be towing my 20fter with an F150 for awhile before I upgrade the truck. As I outfit it, I am paying close attention to weight as I put it together so I stay between 6000-7000lbs.

Thoughts?

Aside from owning and operating a full time catering business I am also (still) a ASE Master Certified Auto Technician with 30 years experience. Hate to tell ya this but you need another truck. Will it pull it? Maybe for a bit but count on tearing up a truck if you do. I'd go 2500 (Chevy) F250 (Ford) or equivalent and install a trans cooler if it does not have one.

You could probably move it with a little S-10 Chevy but you sure as hell won't be stopping it with one. Minimum HD 2500 with at least a 6 Ltr engine, the tow package and trailer brakes. Wouldn't hurt to buy stock in a refinery to help with the added fuel cost.

I pull mine with a 1 ton dual rear wheel truck porch trailers have a little more tongue weight then normal trailers.

Aside from owning and operating a full time catering business I am also (still) a ASE Master Certified Auto Technician with 30 years experience. Hate to tell ya this but you need another truck. Will it pull it? Maybe for a bit but count on tearing up a truck if you do. I'd go 2500 (Chevy) F250 (Ford) or equivalent and install a trans cooler if it does not have one.

True,,,, oh so true!!!!

Back