THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I want to take my small 6 x 12 I use an Aero Bed on one of those pads you put under a sleeping bag.

I have the answer........get yourself an offset smoker and cook with all wood. Not only do you get no sleep or have to worry about how to get some, you might even get an aerobic workout........up every 20 to 30 minutes stoking the fire, checking the temp, etc..

I use a single 10x10 canopy, but just bought another one to give us more room. I nap in those zero g style lounge chairs, which I find very comfortable.

Drink enough rum and the sleeping details take care of themselves.:shock:

^^^^HA!^^^
thats what happened last time! 5AM was a major struggle, and slicing brisket was a disaster!

fatigue is definately a factor a newb doesn't account for. and i would prefer to not be a newb for an extended period of time.

i'm trying to get my truck into troy as a "camper".
haven't heard back yet.
i feel that's still risky though. ran out of charcoal, dropped the brisket in the dirt, drank all the beer....:rolleyes:

hi speedracer, yeah, their cheap for a DAY, but i need it for 4. fri to pack, sat at comp, sun at comp, return mon. might as well get a hotel room at that point, yeah?

I've done an air mattress and sleeping bag in the van or enclosed trailer, once at a local comp I dragged my hammock & frame to sleep in (that was nice!) mostly it's been the ZeroG chair until we got those bigazz Cabelas cots-they rock!!

there is no room at the Troy Contest to keep your SUV so plan ahead , thanks

i agree, my only caveat that i didn't really think of prior is, the vehicle will most likely be locked in. while i don't really have anywhere i can imagine i need to go, but, just sayin'.

outside, on a chair? or a cot?
if i gave you my wife's cell number will you let her know....:mad2:

front seat of the tundra. if they can have a camper at their site, you should be allowed to have your car.

btw, since when is the gas tank of your car a "fire hazard" when it's on a parking lot? sometimes people need to pull their head out and take a deep breath........if that was the case, why do they allow the smoker and charcoal?

I've done an air mattress and sleeping bag in the van or enclosed trailer, once at a local comp I dragged my hammock & frame to sleep in (that was nice!) mostly it's been the ZeroG chair until we got those bigazz Cabelas cots-they rock!![/QUOTE]

:thumb:...add earplugs and a few brewskies...snooozzz...:cool:

Blow up mattress in the floor of the van... space heater up on the console in the cold months and the redneck RV window unit A/C perched on the platform I built for the drivers side window when the temps creep up to unbearable!

Now we've purchased a free-standing 12,000 BTU A/C unit that will make sleeping on cots in the enclosed EZ Up very comfortable! Someone had one in their canopy at Raytown and it was 73 degrees in there while it was low 90's outside! I was sold!

Back