Foodflation Pushing My 🔘

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
With a rack of ribs ordered out +- $40 each I am so thankful this place taught me to cook, have fun cooking, MSU as I go with Pink Floyd the background. Bride needed some on sale coffee so I perused meats. Those SLC whiskey pre seasoned were sale priced. So grabbed two racks, smallest in bin. $16 for two racks. Bride getting her hair did, went by and took money from savings to pay off the new furniture, filled the Jeep up with 87. Usually it costs around $300 to go outside. Today has already cost around $7500. I'm not destitute, but an $8 rack of ribs or two had me pushing the go button on the Austin.

#nowehavefoodathome

Last edited:
Mighty fine for pre-marinaded ribs... and a bargain as well!

I'm earning OK money here, new job and all and I refuse to afford ribs. Even cheap pre-marinaded ones because they are not cheap.

Ah well. Nicely done!

With exchange rates Aussie to USA is my math close. Sorry but metric measurements and exchange rates are my weakest link. Or at least one of them.

You pay $7 USD or $13 Australia dollars per pound for a rack of bones?

Please correct my math to this advertisement

Link to a grocery store advertisement for pork ribs

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/675622/woolworths-pork-ribs

Question: How many US Dollars per pound per rack of ribs?

Last edited:
With exchange rates Aussie to USA is my math close. Sorry but metric measurements and exchange rates are my weakest link. Or at least one of them.

You pay $7 USD or $13 Australia dollars per pound for a rack of bones?

Please correct my math to this advertisement

Link to a grocery store advertisement for pork ribs

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/675622/woolworths-pork-ribs

Question: How many US Dollars per pound per rack of ribs?

The ribs from this store (a major supermarket) have so little meat left on them, they are virtually just bone and not worth it at any price.

I'll take a pic of some good ribs next time I see some and do the calcs, but basically we would pay more than double what you do. (pretty sure)... and when you get a bargain on ribs, it's really something.

Dang you Adams, I’ve always wondered how those pre marinated ribs would cook up. I buy pre marinated Mexican skirt steak, which is wonderful. If you have enough freezer space, the last case of baby backs I bought at Sam’s were $6.50/slab.

Dang you Adams, I’ve always wondered how those pre marinated ribs would cook up. I buy pre marinated Mexican skirt steak, which is wonderful. If you have enough freezer space, the last case of baby backs I bought at Sam’s were $6.50/slab.

I believe they have a couple different "flavors". This is Whiskey Pepper.
I've been known to be partial to both

It always amazes me how uniform they are. Again I always buy the smallest in the bin so not familiar with their larger SLC's

Back