Food for thought

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Please pardon my absence... its been a while since I poked my nose in here

Recently reviewed my professional resume covering the last thirty years of my life and asked myself what was the proudest moments during that same time.

The resulting answer was not on those pieces of paper... but was the experienced feelings and emotions etched in my mind and heart - giving back.

The BBQ Brethren... an online community's only focus:
Family, Friends and BBQ.

Which in turn led to the number of volunteer BBQ events -driving hundreds of miles every year to Dayton, Ohio, cooking for the less fortunate.

That led to answering the needs thru Operation BBQ Relief a few times after the Hershey, PA floods and Superstorm Sandy along the Jersey shore.

Driving to 3 military bases; cooking and serving BBQ to those who served our country: 1) Fort Bragg, NC, 2) Norfolk, Va and 3) the Old Guard at Arlington, VA.

Been married... and survived a divorce intact well enough to live and pursue life once more... meeting and marrying my soul mate (Sinatra was right... the second time around).

Its the personal resume not many see on paper... the character... that is my collection of memories am most proud of... cultivated by the this forum.

Its all you fault.... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back