flour issues.

this is what we use, there is no wheat flour in it and it is really good. a lot restaurants use this too!! should be able to find it online. good luck.
7142902622_Product.ashx

Ingredients

Enriched Yellow Corn Meal (Corn Meal, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Salt, Spices (Including Red Pepper), Citric Acid, Monosodium Glutamate (Flavor Enhancer), Garlic, Corn Maltodextrin, Onion, Lemon Puree, And Lemon Juice.

Crushed up pork rinds! Regular and add your own seasonings or use the bbq ones as is. Makes for nice crunch and no flour of any kind.

Oh...and good for those low carb dieters too

I bake for my grandkids, and I like to add oat flour to increase the fiber in bars and cookies.

I think a few cookie recipes call for rolled oats that are ground to a flour-like consistency in a food processor, blender or mill. I've tried it once.

I can't say whether the rolling of the oats or the subsequent grinding of them into flour changes the nutritional content of the oats, but as far as the process it is really easy. You could try blending some oats and using the "flour" to see whether it would work in various other recipes as a wheat flour replacement.

I was at work today and what I saw got me thinking about this thread. On a pallet was 50 pound bags of Peanut Flour. They use it as one of the ingredients of their snack bars. Never seen it before or heard of it for that matter.

From what I have read, there is such a thing as gluten-free oats, which would include rolled oats, and steel cut oats. Check the labeling on quick oats because they may contain gluten.

Back