THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chris1360

Knows what a fatty is.
Saw a post on here a few weeks ago about pig shots, and I could not contain myself... had to give it a try. Here is how I did it and of course lots of pics:

I tired to do half pieces of bacon wrapped around the sausage, and it was falling apart on the skewers. So I went to a full piece of bacon. Should have used low sodium bacon, and something other than smoked beef sausage, but it is what i had on hand.

I put some olive oil on the outside of the bacon and coated with a little rub, just butt rub, garlic, and onion.

Now for the stuffing I decided to make my favorite buffalo chicken dip. Boiled up some chicken thighs and chopped as fine as I could by hand.

Now I add 1/2 block of cream cheese, and half a bottle of Franks Red Hots Buffalo. Mix well.

Add some ranch dressing (about a cup), a little more Franks for more heat, some shredded cheese, a little butter and mix it all together until it is like a thick paste.

I used a gallon size zip lock bag with a corner cut off to make a cheapo filling stuffer. Just put all the buffalo dip into the bag, cut the corner, and squeeze the filling into each Pig Shot. Then I topped each shot off with some more cheese and a spinkle of brown sugar.

Into the UDs at 250

Two hours later this is the results:

They were amazing. Not really hard to make, just takes some time, but no longer than making ABT's or MOINKS. Only thing I will change is reduce the total salt amount. Three people other than me tried them and said it was overly salty. I didnt notice it because salt does not bother me. I will go with low sodium bacon, a different rub, and a different sausage next time. Overall a very good treat!

Back