THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

huskerfan1200

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Todd
My local watering hole had some leftover corned beef roasts from St. Pat's Day. Seeing others do this recently and after reading thirdeye's post about making it, I asked for one of the roasts to try.

It was about 8# roast so I cut into 2 pieces. I soaked it for a day to reduce the salt. Next day, rubbed it down, let them rest for a few hours and then onto the UDS with B&B oak lumps with chunks of pecan.

Only took about 3 hours at 275* until they were tender. Thermapen probe was good/tender and registered 180*. Took them off and let them sit to release heat. Wrapped them in foil to rest in a cooler.

Took them back to the watering hole to sample. It was pretty darn good! Chef liked it as well and will use for sammich specials this week at the pub. I'll let him decide how to reheat/finish/serve.

I'll definitely be doing this again.

Attachments

Back