THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, made my first fattie on Tuesday night. Filled it with pepperjack and smoked it over hickory and cherry. Would have taken some pics for you guys since it was my first one but, alas, the dang thing didn't last two seconds with the family over. Haha, pretty good feeling!

smpa86 said:
Well, made my first fattie on Tuesday night. Filled it with pepperjack and smoked it over hickory and cherry. Would have taken some pics for you guys since it was my first one but, alas, the dang thing didn't last two seconds with the family over. Haha, pretty good feeling!

I just learned about fatties from this group of Brethren. Same result from family and friends and ME ......NOTHING BUT AWSONE!!!! For the first time my wife wanted to try making her version...how cooooool it that. This woman is the love of my wife for 20+ years and she wanted to join it...big bonus Q 'in.

Meat Burner said:
I just learned about fatties from this group of Brethren. Same result from family and friends and ME ......NOTHING BUT AWSONE!!!! For the first time my wife wanted to try making her version...how cooooool it that. This woman is the love of my wife for 20+ years and she wanted to join it...big bonus Q 'in.

Sweeet!!

The fatties look awesome and like yourself I have been making fatties the last couple of months and they don't last real long, even when I make a bunch of them. Try all different stuffings and you will be surprised at the results. I used a 2 lb Jimmy Dean this past weekend and made 4 versions and one was better than the other.
One of the tricks I discovered was rolling the sausage out with a rolling pin. Place the meat on a sheet of plastic wrap and the put another piece of wrap on top and roll it out to the shape and thickness you want. It works real good for me. Good Luck.

Les

Back