THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grub looks great. I will also cast my vote for a butt. All that fatty goodness should help you seal up those leaks in no time.

Good lookin' snacks. I would suggest you do a pork butt for next cook as well. The meat is good and fatty, and will help season your cooker quicker. Great job on the food.

I already purchased some nomex insulating tape to seal around the door. The only other leak I can see is around the lid it self where it sits on the middle section of the cooker. I am not sure what to do about that other then to let it get dirty and hope it seals then.

get about a dozen cooks under your belt, and you'll probably find that most of the leaks you're seeing will close up. oh, and +1 for the butt suggestion...they're easy, very forgiving (so it won't matter if your temps run away on you a bit), and nice and fatty to help that seasoning process, and as a bonus, they're really good.

Back