THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

electron_si

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
N/A
This is the maiden pork rib cook for my YS 640 since I picked it up. Nothing real crazy. Bought 2 racks of full spares from Kroger “all natural” and cut down to SLC’s. They were on sale and only $10 a rack.

Rubbed with mustard and Oakridge BBQ dominator with some secret weapon mixed in. I was trying to clean out some old stock. Didn’t end up using the Cimmaron Doc’s because it had a freshness seal stuck inside the lid and my hands were gloved and dirty.

Taking these to a friends house so I’m going to sauce both even though I prefer dry. Just picked up the new Kosmo’s OP-X1. I’m about 3 hours in. Will post shots when done

On to the pics:

j31lMZol.jpg

d4EcYqdl.jpg

VLFwkDYl.jpg

Liquor store had a local craft beer on clearance. I couldn’t say no
lJjRrqGl.jpg

6fgdJHwl.jpg

You are going to be happy. The Yoder has a strong draft, so I recommend spritzing, to keep them from drying out.

Looking at the pics they came out pretty dark. They looked perfect before the OP-X1. I think that setting the sauce added a darker layer to the ribs.

They were lighter in person than they were in the pictures but probably a shade darker than they should have been. I did run them naked the whole cook.

Back