THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chief_USN

Knows what a fatty is.
Trying a pork shoulder on the UDS. Here are some pics and it is sitting on the UDS as I type.

Here's the label with info.

All dressed and ready to go.

I put a thin coating of my wife's honey mustard and then rubbed it down with some Smokehouse Maple. This stuff is awesome on grilled pork chops, so I said what the hell...why not.

Just got her on at 1145p. UDS has settled in at 225-230° so far in the first 30 minutes.

For fuel I am using the remaining lump I had from BJ's. Came out to about 18# worth which filled the basket to about 3/4 full. I mixed in some Jack Daniels barrel chips(love em) for flavor. Doing the minion method with about 3/4 full chimney dumped right on top of lump. I'll keep everyone posted. Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon.

Chad

Just pulled her off. She is resting nice and comfortably wrapped in a blanket of foil and towels and placed in a cooler.

Chad

Back