THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nrok2118

Full Fledged Farker
Had some friends over for the Flyers/Pens game (GO FLYERS!) including a work buddy who always marvels over my BBQ leftovers at lunch. So I figured Id break him in with a nice fattie, which I havent done in a while. So I did 2 pounds chub in a gallon bag to make an XL fattie, with corned beef hash and some american cheese on the inside and a nice layer of brown sugar with some rub between the chub and bacon.

Once around proper temp, I put 2 nice sized chunks of wood in my wsm and propped the door open so they fully ignite for some high heat. Went inside for a couple minutes and came out to find the temp gauge was pinned, almost back to 100, so I let that go and finish off the bacon weave.

I remembered why I dont make fatties anymore, one piece and you feel guilty, like you've done something wrong. Soooo goood though!

Thanks for looking

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

That looks really good! You're making me feel guilty 'cause I've got one in the fridge I need to smoke, and haven't been able to get to it yet. Soon!! :wink:

Back