THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beef butter Josh! :thumb: Insanely good.

I like 1/4 to 1/2" thick small slices since it's very rich. I take a torch to it or a quick sear on each side just to get it warm and pink. Seasoned with salt and pepper at best to taste the beef.

I found out a little goes a long way after getting my hands on some Miyazaki A5 BMS grade 11 about two years ago. Pretty much as good as it gets. Cost a pretty penny and I was considered lucky since a restaurant didn't pick up their subprimal order so my butcher sold it to me. It's was the priciest piece of meat I've purchased. Ever.

f1ON1r4h.jpg

WVM73FGh.jpg

Ha! I found the certificate too :becky:

kFokOwwh.jpg

Damn that is a chunk of meat. I don't even want to know what that thing costed. Thanks for the cooking advice. I have done some reading, and am leaning toward 80 to 90 seconds on each side. Debating or cooking the whole steak, or removing the cap, and tying it into a small steak, and making 2 meals out of it. Normally I could polish of a 13 oz steak without giving it a thought, but on this I am not sure.

I think ssv3 has convinced me to change direction and use my Searzall on it, probably cut into smaller pieces and....I guess.....share with my family. Lol

I think ssv3 has convinced me to change direction and use my Searzall on it, probably cut into smaller pieces and....I guess.....share with my family. Lol

Sharing Wagyu w/ the family... man, that oughta win you father/husband of the year! ;)

You will not be displeased. I had my A5 ribeye this past Sunday and it was phenomenal. I just did a quick sear on both sides with a little salt and that's in. You do not need to add any fat to the pan - there is so much (good) fat that comes from the beef itself. I jarred the residual and planning to use it for something this weekend (maybe some smashed potatoes).

You're not kidding about their packaging. I had a huge box that was carefully packed for just two items. All around great experience with them.

Damn that is a chunk of meat. I don't even want to know what that thing costed. Thanks for the cooking advice. I have done some reading, and am leaning toward 80 to 90 seconds on each side. Debating or cooking the whole steak, or removing the cap, and tying it into a small steak, and making 2 meals out of it. Normally I could polish of a 13 oz steak without giving it a thought, but on this I am not sure.

Lets just say I could've got a couple Hunsaker drums and some creekstone briskets instead. :laugh:

Def can make two meals out it. It's a rich and satisfying piece of meat. 80-90 seconds a side is about right. I cut them into bite sized pieces. This meat is definitely in approached different than a traditional steak.

Boom! That's the right approach Suds. Or a very quick toss, sear and pull (seconds) in a CI pan or flat side of Grillgrates. Smaller, rather thin pieces are key IMHO.

Lets just say I could've got a couple Hunsaker drums and some creekstone briskets instead. :laugh:

Def can make two meals out it. It's a rich and satisfying piece of meat. 80-90 seconds a side is about right. I cut them into bite sized pieces. This meat is definitely in approached different than a traditional steak.

:laugh: I think the Wagyu makes for a better story. Again I appreciate the insight from someone that has cooked it. The steak I got is about 1/2" thick, which for any steak, cooks pretty quick. So, I am worried about cutting it into too small of pieces. I want to be able to leave it on long enough to get a sear. Then there is the question of sides, and beverage to pair it with. Decisions, decisions.

:laugh: I think the Wagyu makes for a better story. Again I appreciate the insight from someone that has cooked it. The steak I got is about 1/2" thick, which for any steak, cooks pretty quick. So, I am worried about cutting it into too small of pieces. I want to be able to leave it on long enough to get a sear. Then there is the question of sides, and beverage to pair it with. Decisions, decisions.

:thumb:

Your steak is good to go. I had more to play with so I messed with it a little.

Some sushi style rice and par grilled veggies of your choice with some ponzu goes great.

:thumb:

Your steak is good to go. I had more to play with so I messed with it a little.

Some sushi style rice and par grilled veggies of your choice with some ponzu goes great.

Thanks Brother, I do appreciate the advice. I am pondering things right now, but the picture is getting clearer. You know how it is.

Thanks Brother, I do appreciate the advice. I am pondering things right now, but the picture is getting clearer. You know how it is.

Absolutely!

I'm doing my first picanha ever so I totally get it. As simple as it looked I was stumped at first but I got the basics down so I'm rolling with it tonight. Screwing up is fine but these cuts are hard to come by.

Absolutely!

I'm doing my first picanha ever so I totally get it. As simple as it looked I was stumped at first but I got the basics down so I'm rolling with it tonight. Screwing up is fine but these cuts are hard to come by.

I have no doubt you will nail it. I have never eaten traditional picanha, but sirloin is great, when cooked properly.

OK, you got me.... Just placed an order for that incredible looking A5 steak (and a few extras). Can't wait to try it.

I like fat!

Looking forward to your review Josh.

Back