THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TxQGuy

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Big C
Hey y'all. Thought I would share a few pics from Saturday's cook. Several of you mentioned that the vortex was truly suited for wings, so that is what I did. Nothing huge or excessive like I usually cook up :laugh: , just a few wing sections. Plus, I just wanted a good excuse to have a few beers and grunt at a fire for a little while if I'm completely honest.

Let's start out with my usual rub (forgot to include olive oil in the pic):

mxYdYy3h.jpg

And here we are. Ya know...no matter what, whenever I see a picture of raw chicken in any form, my only real thought is "Ewww, raw chicken." That said, here is some raw chicken:

Kbgphy8h.jpg

Let's fire this puppy up! My Old Smokey is looking rough these days, but she is a hoss:

XNcYo6Jh.jpg

Coming along nicely:

WBbaDrwh.jpg

Final huddle to crisp them up a bit:

BwTD2Zvh.jpg

I gotta say, I do enjoy the whole "blazing hot in the middle, indirect heat around the perimeter" thing that the vortex brings to the party. My usual 2-zone is simply a "half and half" kind of arrangement. I think I foresee several wing/steak, wing/burger, and wing/fajita cooks in the future. Thanks for looking. :becky:

Back