THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hrchdog

Knows what a fatty is.
Well I put two porkbutts weighing 21lb on at 6:30 this morning, dome stabilized at 275 and internal temp of one butt is already 125. Shooting for a 4:30-5:00 pulled pork dinner, will try to get pics when finished. I've been keeping a log on the hour of temps and grill settings as far as openings on the daisey wheel and damper on bottom.

Well it ended up taking 13 hours, found out I need to calibrate thermometer. First pic is of my smoking area that will be turned into an outdoor kitchen this spring, then pics of the Q.

Attachments

• bbq 002.JPG
    bbq 002.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 133
  • bbq 003.JPG
    bbq 003.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 134
  • bbq 006.JPG
    bbq 006.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 132
A good lesson for everyone: first step is to calibrate the therm. I just brought home a new one for my large and I will definitely check it before first use!

Great looking set up!

Nice first cook! That long cook should cover your break-in period on your gasket as well.

Welcome to the XL Egg owners group!

Great looking pork. You will enjoy your BGE. I have been cooking on a large for several years from low and slow to hot and fast and have never been disappointed with the results. Enjoy!

Back