First Cook on the LSG Beef, Beef and more Beef!

FrozenTundra

Knows what a fatty is.
First cook today, beef back ribs, Wagyu short ribs and what I think is a chuck roll (it was given to me).

Loaded Firebox with charcoal and cherry and pecan mini splits.
Fireboard Drive / Pit Bull set to 250 dampers all set to 1/3 open.
Everything rubbed with Killer Hogs AP Rub and Jeff's Rub.
Lit a few coals and let the temp slowly climb to 200 then loaded the meat, inserted probes and closed the doors until the back ribs were done.
Pulled the ribs and wrapped the chuck roll and short ribs (except for the two sample ribs) with foil, (Pitmaster’s Choice Super Strength) love that stuff, one layer and done!
The ribs were both super. Obviously the short ribs were the best and will probably get even better after some cooler time but the lowly Walmart back ribs were surprisingly good.
I let the chuck roll go to 195 then put it in the cooler. Will pull it later and try to get a few slices if possible.
After about 10 hours at 250, I closed the dampers I will be curious to see how much charcoal and wood is left over in the morning.
I'm going to keep monitoring the fireboard to see how fast or slow the shut down goes.

Dm0q5oPh.jpg

utANwRsh.jpg

cleKB0Nh.jpg

iDuu26Ph.jpg

jkcO1sph.jpg

qMCh7gsh.jpg

7bzKtALh.jpg

W5KFigGh.jpg

fjYJnaLh.jpg

Ny39QQTh.jpg

fVquVCWh.jpg

nYS07SLh.jpg

1ywHEkfh.jpg

smeRCajh.jpg

Whats your Beef:becky:

Your making me hungry mate, colour looks great

Nicely done. That's exactly how i setup my insulated cabinet charcoal baskets. Even got a nice smoke ring too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back