First BUTT pr0n

An alternative to the pork sandwich or taco? How about a pile of pork on a plate next to your favorite side items? Pork doesn't have to be "in" something to enjoy it.

Imma guess that you're not originally from Hickory (or NC for that matter). Either you're from out-of-state or you're a city boy from way back. I'm sort of joking with you here, but I do suspect you're a transplant. Is that even close to the correct thought?

Pork looks excellent, by-the-way.

Nope... I was born and raised in Hickory :)

One of my favorites for leftover PP is a nice omelette with lots of pepper jack cheese, and chopped peperocinis (Greek style salad peppers). The vinegar in the peppers compliments the PP nicely.

I think you can use left over pulled pork for about anything. I don't have to much experience but anything that has meat you pretty substitute pulled pork and it's delicious.

You've got a wsm, there's no reason to stay up all night. :wink: After a while you'll get a feel for things. I can put my butts on, dial in the temp and get it stable in about an hour, then go to bed. By morning I'm maybe 20-30 degrees off. Give it a kick to shake off the ashes and I'm good til they're done. For my particular 18" wsm I've learned that in the summer, opening the 1 vent away from the wind fully is about my sweet spot.

Looks great! I like my left over pulled pork as tacos on corn tortillas, or pulled pork nachos. Don't forget bbq spaghetti though.

How about a pulled pork smashed potato? Tater, pork, cheese, jalapenos, sour cream, and sauce on the side. People love to delve into this concoction. Men and women both love the richness of this taste. Just a thought in passing.

Back