THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I am cooking three 13lb (post trim - started around 16lb) briskets, two 7lb Boston butts, and 4 slabs of st Louis spares tomorrow. I did a fairly aggressive trim on the briskets, broke down four spare slabs to St Louis style, and trimmed and injected 2 Boston butts in 2 hours. It was quite a bit of work but feel like I got quite a bit accomplished in that time. Couldn't imagine doing an even bigger cook, I would have to be a little more discerning in what I include in the prep. This was a more competition oriented prep for what it's worth.

How's that rate on the prep time scale?

And a brisket picture, because everyone likes pics of brisket

Last edited:
Tough crowd :p

Went ahead and dry brined 8 chicken leg quarters with salt + pepper. Might as well cook for lunch this week too while I have the smoker running.

That's a great time to get all that done. My first big cook I left 1 hour to trim 6 briskets. Took well over 2 but I'm real picky on my trim job. Now I prep the night before so I can take my time.

Back