First BBQ Meatloaf (with pics)

Nice meatloaf. Nice mac-n-cheese.

Personally, I would have skipped the bacon wrap. Your loaf would have been done in less time, and you could focus on the right doneness of the loaf, instead of being distracted by the browning of the bacon.

IMO, bacon weaves are over-rated. Do that same meatloaf without the bacon weave, and I think you will have a winner, winner meatloaf dinner.

CD

Looks great! I used to do the weave but got lazy and stopped. I actually prefer it without. Yours looks great especially place by that beautiful mac n cheese.

Killer Loaf !!!!

thought it might get lost in the goo for a minute there, but it came out just peachy !!!

Nice job on the mac too !!!!

Nice meatloaf. Nice mac-n-cheese.

Personally, I would have skipped the bacon wrap. Your loaf would have been done in less time, and you could focus on the right doneness of the loaf, instead of being distracted by the browning of the bacon.

IMO, bacon weaves are over-rated. Do that same meatloaf without the bacon weave, and I think you will have a winner, winner meatloaf dinner.

CD
Meatloaf cooks surprising quick in a smoker. Made two loaves intending to glaze one and leave the other alone. At the point I decided it was time to plug the bigger one in, it was already done. Skipped the glaze.

Bacon probably needs more time than meatloaf will allow it

Thanks guys, the mac 'n cheese is killer. I'm going to have a hard time not eating too much of it.

I'll probably try the meatloaf again without the bacon, but I've got to tell you, the bacon is delicious.

I may try the bacon again, but cook the whole thing slower in the smoker to about 145-150 or so. Then pop it in the oven at 500 degrees to crisp up the bacon and get it up to temp. Basically a reverse sear.

I may try the bacon again, but cook the whole thing slower in the smoker to about 145-150 or so. Then pop it in the oven at 500 degrees to crisp up the bacon and get it up to temp. Basically a reverse sear.

Maybe do what Jeannie (cowgirl) did.....use a torch to finish the bacon.....

I don't know how to find the thread, but somebody may knows.....

I put my meat loaf on parchment paper trimmed close on the sides so the drippings can fall to a drip pan below. I s that chopped bacon in the mac and cheese? It all looks awesome!

Yep...plenty of bacon. I'm actually kicking myself a bit because I have some leftover pulled pork I could have added to the Mac.

Looks great! What kind of sauce did you put on the meatloaf? Whats your recipe for the mac n cheese? Im thinking of making some today in the smoker!

Great pictures and beautiful bacon weave. I placed my meatloaf on a cedar plank and it came out perfect

Looks great! What kind of sauce did you put on the meatloaf? Whats your recipe for the mac n cheese? Im thinking of making some today in the smoker!

I used a local store bought bbq sauce...Kinders Hot. I made some homemade bbq sauce the other day, but like an idiot left it sitting out on the stove overnight a day or so ago.

I'll PM the Mac recipe.

Back