FireWire Kabobs

I think that's a problem with any single-tine skewer. I didn't have a problem last night with the Firewire, but i have seen the same thing with metal and bamboo skewers. The dual tine skewers that Phu posted are great because they eliminate the spin.

I definitely agree with you. When I saw the pic of Phubar's skewers I was really jealous. I had metal skewers in the past with this problem. I also had some metal skewers that were not round, but square in cross-section, so I never had this problem -- I imagine I lost those in a move. I don't have the problem so much with bamboo, but with the Firewires it was really bad -- just my one experience.

Grabbed a bunch of these last year toward the end of the summer. The local Jewel/Osco had them discounted to 4.50 a pack! I've yet to break them in though...I'm on vaca this week so might be a good excuse to try 'em!

I definitely agree with you. When I saw the pic of Phubar's skewers I was really jealous. I had metal skewers in the past with this problem. I also had some metal skewers that were not round, but square in cross-section, so I never had this problem -- I imagine I lost those in a move. I don't have the problem so much with bamboo, but with the Firewires it was really bad -- just my one experience.

Weber used to sell the dual-tine skewers. That what I usually use and they work great.

Back