THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokeisgood

is one Smokin' Farker
I purchased one of the external battery packs to go with my Drive 2. It did not come with any directions, just a short USB cord. I charged it, but my question is there are 2 usb ports on it, one is red and one is black. Does it matter which port is used to connect to the Fireboard?

I have a few battery packs with two USB ports & they are typically different amps out. They both are 5v out but one is 1.2aH for a phone while the other is 2.5aH for a tablet. I've used either one on my Fireboard Drive with no issues but double check yours to be sure.

I have a few battery packs with two USB ports & they are typically different amps out. They both are 5v out but one is 1.2aH for a phone while the other is 2.5aH for a tablet. I've used either one on my Fireboard Drive with no issues but double check yours to be sure.

Any recommendations for 3rd party battery packs?

I'm not a tech guy, this battery has the same port that the Fireboard 2 Drive uses to charge, a red USB port and a black USB port. As I said, there were no instructions, so I will contact support to find out if there is a difference. As for using it the other day, I just picked one and went with it. This battery pack is outstanding. My unit was at an 80% charge when I started the cook (I forgot to charge it the night before and it had been sitting in the closet. I plugged it into the fully charged external battery, which powered the unit back to 100%, and then powered it for an 8-hour brisket and rib cook at 250 degrees, and barely touched the charge. Best 30 bucks I ever spent.... no more extension cords by the pool.

I opted to forego the battery packs and invested in a Jackery 1000. I use it for FireBoard, pellet smokers, Gravity Feed fan, etc. it’s awesome!

Back