Fireboard battery pack

smokeisgood

is one Smokin' Farker
I purchased one of the external battery packs to go with my Drive 2. It did not come with any directions, just a short USB cord. I charged it, but my question is there are 2 usb ports on it, one is red and one is black. Does it matter which port is used to connect to the Fireboard?

The Fireboard 2 has a usb c port, I go usb c to usb c, actually I do not think I’ve got any devices that aren’t usb c.

I have a few battery packs with two USB ports & they are typically different amps out. They both are 5v out but one is 1.2aH for a phone while the other is 2.5aH for a tablet. I've used either one on my Fireboard Drive with no issues but double check yours to be sure.

I have a few battery packs with two USB ports & they are typically different amps out. They both are 5v out but one is 1.2aH for a phone while the other is 2.5aH for a tablet. I've used either one on my Fireboard Drive with no issues but double check yours to be sure.

Any recommendations for 3rd party battery packs?

I'm not a tech guy, this battery has the same port that the Fireboard 2 Drive uses to charge, a red USB port and a black USB port. As I said, there were no instructions, so I will contact support to find out if there is a difference. As for using it the other day, I just picked one and went with it. This battery pack is outstanding. My unit was at an 80% charge when I started the cook (I forgot to charge it the night before and it had been sitting in the closet. I plugged it into the fully charged external battery, which powered the unit back to 100%, and then powered it for an 8-hour brisket and rib cook at 250 degrees, and barely touched the charge. Best 30 bucks I ever spent.... no more extension cords by the pool.

I opted to forego the battery packs and invested in a Jackery 1000. I use it for FireBoard, pellet smokers, Gravity Feed fan, etc. it’s awesome!

Back