THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks everybody! It was kind of nice eating finger food and sipping on a cold brew.. lots of napkins were involved too. :becky:

Looks great Jeanie. Curious, how was the smoke flavor on the potatoes?
Absolutely amazing! I too am curious about the smoke flavor on the pots:becky:

Thank you Neil and Thunderwagn! The smoke is not as pronounced as I would like.. You need to use a strong flavored wood... mesquite works well. I have made these in the past and really like them though.
You know.... my friends said they could taste the smoke just fine. I think it might be me... maybe standing by the smoker effected my nose and taste buds?

Awesome finger food! Way better than my finger foods due the fact that I'm lazy :icon_blush: Those potatoes look awesome! Would you mind sharing the recipe for the beer batter? Looks like it'd go great on fish

Thank you Al! This is the beer batter recipe I use..

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57851

Very nice!! can't beat frosted mugs!

?-How did you smoke the shrimp? Did they get "tough", mine do? I would think by the time the bacon is done, the shrimp would be over cooked. I'm sure you have sercret, just wanting to know what it is. :redface:

Thanks Jud! I smoked them til just done..then gave the a quick sear on the grill to crisp the bacon. I'm not fond of limp bacon. :-D

Shawn, they are just about the last of my stash. If I dig deep in my freezer I might find another bag. lol

Thanks again friends.... :cool:

I really shouldn't watch these pictures on an empty stomach. Now I want to go out and Q. Fer crying out loud that looks fantabulous! :clap2:

once again don't know what I like better - the food or the photography. Nice job on both.

Assuming those are "firewires" with the shrimp - how do you like them??

Easier, better than regular skewers or just facilitating for the drum size??

UUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: , finger food.....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM SWSW

I want some :-D

That looks so good Jeanie...... :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:

you continue to amaze us all! great looking finger food. I'm gonna have to try those "smied's ". hmm..wonder what beer would go best with those ? :)

Thank you Laraza and Nick! It was kinda tasty. :-D

once again don't know what I like better - the food or the photography. Nice job on both.

Assuming those are "firewires" with the shrimp - how do you like them??

Easier, better than regular skewers or just facilitating for the drum size??

They were new firewires! I wanted to try them out, this was the first time I used them. I thought they would fit inside of my drum better.. the long skewers take up so much room.
I liked them a lot! :-D Thanks.. :wink:

HWSW... I woulda shared with ya. Thanks Ken.. :wink:

you continue to amaze us all! great looking finger food. I'm gonna have to try those "smied's ". hmm..wonder what beer would go best with those ? :)
Hey Mike.. how about coors light? :p lol Thanks :-D

AWESOME. Any choice in dipping sauce?
Thanks Pat! :-D I offered a few Q sauces and everyone just ate the food without. The tatoes were pretty heavily seasoned...and the bacon chipotle sauce was tasty on the beef cubes...
I didn't offer any dipping sauce for the shrimp.... I didn't think about it. lol

lol Harry, Thank you! :-D

Johnny..Thanks! :wink:

Back