THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes, you can, plus $10 a blade. :becky:

Seriously ????

I would be interested in sending you some knives to sharpen.

I assume that there are different bevel set ups in the kit, and that
it would handle Santoku knives, right??

I've started begging for dull knives from my neighbors. :p

I've been tempted to bring it to work and sharpen the horribly dull knives that we have here, but I haven't yet.

I don't have the pro pack, just the basic, with the 100/200 and 400/600 stones. How do you like the extra stones and the strops? I've been thinking about adding them to mine so I can do the convex edges.

Gore said:
That looks really sweet. How small does it fold down. Space is at a premium.

It doesn't really fold down at all, what you see is pretty much what you get. I'm not sure what base NorthwestBBQ has on his, but mine is on a 12x12" piece of granite and it's f-ing heavy. It does take up quite a bit of space, so I just have mine in the bottom of my bedroom closet when I'm not using it. Though looking at their website it seems they have a "field & sport" model now that would take up a lot less space.

Think I'll just stick with my five stone Lansky system. I think it was 29.00 about thirty years ago and still works fine.

I have wanted one of these for a while but I just can't justify the price. Sure looks like a great tool though :thumb:

You do have sliced finger insurance don't you. I have looked at this system, but I get the "hebbie- jeebies" when I watch the videos of the guy working both sides at once. :shocked: I did watch a video of someone using one side at a time. I could almost watch that one without getting the shivers. Congrats on a great system, but be careful.

It's really no different than say slicing veggies. Actually you're a lot closer to the cutting edge of the knife when slicing things than you are when you're sharpening it. Plus, for the most part your moving away from the sharp edge of the knife instead of into it, so the chances of getting cut are pretty small. It does take a little bit to get used to the movement, but once you've got it down it's really natural and you can go pretty fast without any problems. I've come way closer to cutting myself actually using the knives than I ever have sharpening them on the WEPS.

I know about slicing veggies. I bought the Work Sharp WSKSTS and sharpened all the knives I could find. I warned the wife about all the sharp knives we now had. First cat out of the bag I was cutting some onions, and Yep you guessed it.
"Hey Honey, where are those band aids?

Love the ease and job the little thing does to our knives. I like the above system, but on my huge social security income, it is a little above my head. I do like to have sharp knives around.

All right!!! Now I can sharpen all my old Ginsu knives....
:wink:

That thing looks super cool, but if you sliced a divot out of your finger, I fear I may loose an entire digit. Very nice though. :thumb:

This has been on my want list for awhile, just the price that is holding me back from pulling the trigger, they are pretty proud of the product.

Just a reminder guys, I cut my finger AFTER I used the system while I was goofing around with the blade in my hands. The WE is 100% safe just like an electric turkey fryer. The reason I mentioned it is you will need to treat your newly sharpened knifes with respect.

Back