Finally got a stickburner

QProjectKC

Name or Nickame
J
Well Howdy from KC!

Found a cheap abused offset smoker locally and decided to have a go at it. Had a bullet years ago but never got it back after a divorce.

This offset had a serial # which I verified with OK joes and I was right that it was in fact an older offset longhorn made in 2010. It was not cared for but for $100 I decided to try to have a go at it.
Got pics from the restoration which is well under way.

I wire wheeled all the surface rust off, cleaned w acetone, primed with VHT 2k degree primer, painted w rust-oleum 2k flat black. Oiled the inside and fired it up. Did my first racks of ribs in years 321 turned out ok. Got a load of oak w some hickory a bit of cherry and a few pieces of pecan from a local bbq joint with a woodyard out back.

The firebox definitely has issues w flaking and the back side has 3 spots already starting to show through. Ones dime sized and another pin holes. This part w the fire box is my main concern at the moment.

Anyways hope to try my first pork butt this week.
QProject
Kansas City, MO

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Where is the best place to host pics?

Picked up a packer brisket for next week. Probably going to grab some Butts this weekend! I normally try to keep my hands to myself.

Back