THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokeyokie

is one Smokin' Farker
Built me a UDS, I have had all kinds of smokers and getting ready to build a vertical/box insulated smoker, thats another story tho:tape: Anyway been here a while and I finally built a UDS, its ugly alright gotta add a few creature comforts to it BUT.... I cooked BB and butt on it yesterday and I must say it may be the best que I have done with minimal effort. I gotta say all u brethren that have built and love the UDS I understand fully now and I cant believe I waited this long to build it. Thanks again "Brethren" I am gonna do some jerk chicken today and I will post some pics. If you dont have a UDS.. go ahead bite the bullet and build it, you wont be sorry
SMoke on Brothers and SIsters!!!!!:thumb:
I still have hinges, handles and sandblast and paint the outside, also install shelves, you get the idea, I couldnt wait to cook on it...

Last edited:
Well here is a pic of a Irish Red Ale homebrew I am enjoying while my chicken gets done

Last edited:
I built my uds this past April, one of the best things that I have ever built. As many have said, I should have built on years ago. When I built my uds, I also bought a Maverick thermometer. Now my smoking is like cooking in the oven with smoke. I basically set my temps, and let the uds do its thing. I occasionally have to tweak the ball valve, but that is about all. If I do my part with the preparation and seasoning, then I get some fine que in return. Thanks for the instructions on building an uds. :grin:

Back