THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pjtexas1

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Texas Pete
i have been using a small HF magnetic shelf and it works but only for small things. i have been looking for something bigger that might actually hold up to a brisket. found this Roller Cabinet Side Tray at HF today. a few self tapping screws and it should be ready to go. Hey Smitty you gotta love the color!!! it even clearly states its for cabinets and the color should match 2 of my cookers pretty closely.:thumb: i just hope it doesn't tip the Red Box Smoker over when i put a pan full of meat on it.:laugh:
http://www.harborfreight.com/roller-cabinet-side-tray-62207.html

Folding Shelf 4.jpg

Folding Shelf 1.jpg

Folding Shelf 2.jpg

Folding Shelf 3.jpg

Last edited:
Need some pics when you put it on. Want to see if it does match the redbox :x

i will get a pic holding it up to the Red Box but my first thought was to put it on my big cabinet. maybe i can get a 2nd shelf and get a group pic of both red cookers with the red shelves but smitty's head may explode.

Might have to buy a couple of these for when I build my kamodo table instead of making them out of wood.

i bet it would look really nice with a wood inlay.

I saw a monster brisket running loose on here the other day that might fold that shelf up like an accordion! :razz:

I saw a monster brisket running loose on here the other day that might fold that shelf up like an accordion! :razz:

if that shelf were to lay eyes on that monster brisket the shelf would probably come down with a bad case of ED.:tsk:

finally got off my lazy butt and mounted the shelf. ...
Now that you have it mounted, how do you feel about its strength? Full packer brisket OK?

It looks like it would be fairly easy to cut a poly or wood cutting board to sit on the shelf and be retained by the lips but be easy to remove for washing. What do you think?

Now that you have it mounted, how do you feel about its strength? Full packer brisket OK?

It looks like it would be fairly easy to cut a poly or wood cutting board to sit on the shelf and be retained by the lips but be easy to remove for washing. What do you think?

I guess it would depend on the mounting hardware. I thought I had some bigger than #10 self tapping screws. If I had drilled thru all 3 walls I wouldn't think twice. It's very sturdy.

I believe a cutting board would look really nice and the lip should hold it in place.

Last edited:
Back