THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capnspunky

Hi gang I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a new kamado joe. I found one out of town that I'm buying off of display and getting a discount. Problem is the lower felt gasket seems not to be glued well and is peeling up some. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to glue it down or should I just bu a replacement ?

The best adhesive I know of is 3M Super 77. I do not know much about the Kamado Joe but on the Big Green Egg I purchased the original Gasket was not so great. I switched it to the Nomex brand. Removed the old gasket with a razor blade and acetone, cleaned it up very well. Used the 3M and installed the new Nomex, just take your time.

I think ultimately I will switch to the nomex but I would like to limp this one along a few months first. I can't wait to get the heat deflector and try a nice low and slow cook. Of course at this point I just want to get it period.

I wish I could say that was a result of drinking, but it was just watching my basketball team suck and trying to type. Thanks fit the suggestion of the 3m stuff. ;)

Back