THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lump Briquettes? That has got to be the one of the worst marketing party fouls in Low-N-Slow history.

Kingsford, you can go home now, we've got it from here.....

Interesting. In my stash I have
Royal Oak Lump
El Diablo Lump
Kingsford Comp
Kingsford Lump Briq
Trader Joe Briq
Coshell Coconut Briq
Stubbs Briq
HEB Briq

I never once remember criticizing any of them before trying them.
Interesting thought process

And my favorite is Ozark Oak and I'm out

I saw a bag of this earlier today and passed, now, I will have to wander across town and get that bag for testing. Thanks for the review

Does it have a strong mesquite flavor?

I saw a bag of this earlier today and passed, now, I will have to wander across town and get that bag for testing. Thanks for the review

Does it have a strong mesquite flavor?

Negative on strong mezkeet aroma. I didn't even notice it. Bear in mind this was not a 100% KLB cook as I mixed with Royal oak lump and pecan chunks. The more I cook Q the more I want the meat to taste like the seasonings and various woods that I add. First reaction is I like this KLB. But I like a lot of different kinds of coals and show me a new hard to locate coal tomorrow, Ill buy it too.

Back