THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

305Q

Knows what a fatty is.
Just before the quarantine I saw a bag of lump charcoal that was a new brand name to me, Fogo. I did some research and they seem to be pretty good at what they do. I wanted o ask the brethren their opinion. What was your opinion of the product? Does it burn even, fast...have a good flavor profile, play nice with wood, etc...

I haven't been able to test it myself as I am recovering from thyroid cancer surgery. I'll be all better soon and will be back to grilling and smoking.

It's so ridiculously priced around me that I can't even bring myself to try it. Last time I stopped at the place it was $45 for a 17# bag.

I haven't tried the black bag but the super premium has huge

chunks in it. I had to break up some of the chunks to fit in my
Summit. The Fogo Super doesn't get as hot as the Fogo Quebracho.

I like the black bag, as its all I have tried so far. I ordered direct from Fogo. $17-19 for the black bag plus additional discount if you sign up for the email list. It was on sale, so I ordered 60 lbs.

I like the black bag, as its all I have tried so far. I ordered direct from Fogo. $17-19 for the black bag plus additional discount if you sign up for the email list. It was on sale, so I ordered 60 lbs.

How does it perform and what do you use it in?

It's awesome. You can order it shipped to your door from their website for around $48 for 35lb bags if I remember last. Big chunks of charcoal from actual wood not construction waste.

Back