THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I have to know. SPAM vs Fatty. Bride is judge and rules committee.
Question for her was,”if this day forward I only cook one, which would you like?”
Her answer, “ love both but SPAM is almost too rich”
Both seasoned with Albukirky Green Chile Rub
Fatty wins.

Last edited:
Gotta say I’d be torn too, but I always have sausage on hand so I’m going with it. But I do love smoke spam.

SPAM vs Fatty was a success
A sausage challenge may be next. She likes the milder German/Texan, not Texan Chorizo. Like me she likes the raw that we cook ourselves. We are blessed to have a few excellent local sausage companies. For me the casing can be key regardless of taste. Though I’m not opposed to peeling like a banana pre/post cook. I prefer no cheese in mine, she is neutral to positive. Slovacek Jalapeño Jack is precooked, but Sam’s package when available is huge so we seldom buy it if Kielbasa’s 100% Beef is an option. They’re out of San Antonio. Personally I attempt to avoid mechanically separated chicken, msg and sugar with sausage which leaves out a lot of available commercial hot links. But I don’t always have my readers. I mean I go ahead and cook/eat those, just an attempt at point of purchase.

Cheers-Stay Isolated But Entertained

Last edited:
I love smoked spam but I cut it into 1/4” slices prior to smoking if I am doing sandwiches. I always have a few cans on hand.

I love them both but I'm siding with the Bride. SPAM is very rich (still excellent) but I choose the fatty. Nice job.

Back