THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kendall

Knows what a fatty is.
I had never done a fattie till last weekend. Being home alone I thought I would give it a try.

I rolled out the sausage put in pineapple chunks and some mozzarella cheese, and some rub,

Rolled it all up jelly-roll style, bushed some sauce on the outside and dusted with some more rub. Didn't do a bacon wrap this time.

I put it in the fridge for a few hours then went to fire up the old offset smoker. what the fark!!?? I had ZERO charcoal.:mmph::mmph:. none,

And being home alone I had no car to go get any!!! I had to use the oven.
250 degrees for what seemed like forever. It was OK but not as good as
I hoped.

Anybody else ever have a failure like this? Be honest.

You broke a cardinal rule...

NEVER have less than two bags of charcoal at any one time...

Or less than one full propane tank on hand. Invited a buddy to dinner one time...got halfway through baked taters and two slabs of ribs (yes I used to do ribs on a gasser) and ran out of propane.

We went to McDonalds instead.

so I have the all important spousal approval.
gonna build a wood shed, stock it with charcoal, and wood
and may even move a smoker " indoors"

First time i every cooked the thanksgiving bird at ma's and i was gonna use my kettle rotisserie. Remembered everything but the roto ring :doh:

Back