Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras. What’s cookin?

BBQLab

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
David
So what ideas do people have for MardiGras? I need some New Orleans feedback. In the North East so live crawfish are hard to come by and the frozen ones from restaurant depo are cooked and seasoned already. Who Dat?
Do I make hurricanes?

I'm no help but love a good Jabaliya, 38th wedding anniversary so no cooking tomorrow lol, will be on the look out for some good eats and will watch this thread as I'm sure you will have some good feed back

Pascal's Manale Cajun BBQ Shrimp

At it's simplest- bring to slow boil
Butter, stock, beer
Onion, garlic, Worcestershire,tomato paste for color
Red, white, black pepper plus pepper sauce

Big shrimp boiled with shells on

Place several shrimp with sauce in a bowl

Peel shrimp, wrap in Italian, French or sourdough bread

Dip in juices and enjoy.

Wear bib and have wet wash cloth or finger bowls.

Link to a recipe, there are others

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/pascals-manale-bbq-shrimp-1226223

Last edited:
It's Fat Tuesday so I made jambalaya. It was Zatarain's box mix with sausage and shrimp. Grilled the sausage last night while cooking pork chops and added two bay leaves and chopped a couple of green onions and a healthy shake of Tony C's. Add some Crystal's hot sauce and it was pretty decent.

Couldn't justify buying a King Cake for just the two of us so noticed that the Samoas box has the Mardi Gras colors. Took a plastic baby out of my collection of past King Cake babies and here's my version.

Laissez le bon temps rouler y'all!

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 105
Easy one for the parade today. Marinated 16-20 boiled shrimp overnight. The krewe we have at our place has everyone bring a dish and we have a contest for the best dish.

264ac26c965afb540b81d0a1a6cfe500.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back