THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokeisgood

is one Smokin' Farker
During yesterday's cook, I had several instances, that I saw, where smoke would billow out of the vent on my Pit Bull fan. I haven't used this much, so I don't know if it's normal or a malfunction. I'm using a Cyber Q to run it, and I am about half convinced it is going bad, as the temperature it registers with a probe right beside a probe from my Maverick XR50 is more than a 20 degree difference. I'm going to order a Fireboard Drive, but planned on keeping the Pit Bull. Do they do this, or is it going bad?

I've got the Pit Viper Fan (the newer model with the plastic housing), hooked up to my Fireboard 2. Never seen the fan billow smoke out of it.

The Viper works fine for the Limo Jr., although you probably get quicker recovery times using the larger Pit Bull.

Sounds like the airflow in the smoker is going in the opposite direction it should be going. Don't know what kind of cooker you're using on, but is your top vent blocked?

Back