THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

steveintn

Found some matches.
Famous daves seems to have tender brisket. i assume they cook it mostly covered. Any Suggestion for a tender brisket like famous daves...

I just think it is smoked until it is probe tender. It has been almost 16 years since they left North Texas though so my memory is a little patchy. Their website says they smoke for at least 12 hours, which is the going rate if you smoke a 12-16 pound packer at 250-300F.

Covered? Covered in what?

the two FD's around here closed up a while back, maybe 5yrs ago or more. Only went twice, thought the brisket was the best thing on the menu, rest of it was pretty sub-par. I'd be pretty happy to have my first brisket taste like that. hopefully I can do better but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed either.

I just think it is smoked until it is probe tender. It has been almost 16 years since they left North Texas though so my memory is a little patchy. Their website says they smoke for at least 12 hours, which is the going rate if you smoke a 12-16 pound packer at 250-300F.

Covered? Covered in what?

covered - Foil it for most of the cook

Back