THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please, don’t be so obtuse, I know you are smarter than the question you asked...

I am Sorry Man. Its rough times. But Its kind of odd that chinese take outs that have always been open even on american holidays are closed now. So why is nobody concerned why?

I am Sorry Man. Its rough times. But Its kind of odd that chinese take outs that have always been open even on american holidays are closed now. So why is nobody concerned why?

I own / partner in a couple commercial kitchens, both catering and dine in service.

You would be floored to see what the costs of turning on the lights are every day, and the burners on all the gas appliances.

You have to sell a BUNCH of takeout just to cover those costs and be able to pay the delivery invoices for meat, produce, soda boxes etc. It's nearly impossible to break even and cover costs on a take out only model plus there's virtually no cash coming into the operations that helps to pay the employee's and you get buried with card processing fee's.

~It's better to close and ride it out.

You would be floored to see what the costs of turning on the lights are every day, and the burners on all the gas appliances.

You have to sell a BUNCH of takeout just to cover those costs...

True story there. Walk-in coolers and freezers, heating/cooling large, usually inefficient buildings, gas/electric for commercial equipment...

Linen rentals, trash disposal, internet and phone, accountants...

Flipping on the open sign every morning might cost you $1,000 before the first customer even walks through the door.

I own / partner in a couple commercial kitchens, both catering and dine in service.

You have to sell a BUNCH of takeout just to cover those costs and be able to pay the delivery invoices for meat, produce, soda boxes etc. It's nearly impossible to break even and cover costs on a take out only model plus there's virtually no cash coming into the operations that helps to pay the employee's and you get buried with card processing fee's.

~It's better to close and ride it out.
Maybe these places are experiencing these issues. But There is a lot of places that normally dont offer take out who are doing it. I can name them if you really want to call me out on this dumb reason. I am just confused why every chinese take out is shut down in my area. Its strange.

Maybe these places are experiencing these issues. But There is a lot of places that normally dont offer take out who are doing it. I can name them if you really want to call me out on this dumb reason. I am just confused why every chinese take out is shut down in my area. Its strange.

I'll hazard a guess. Because people are dumb chits. The Covid-19 virus emanated from China, so ijits logic is that all Asian people will somehow infect you. About the best thing they can do is close up shop and hopefully ride it out.

The same reason why Corona beer sales have dropped somewhere between 45-75%...it's called Corona, just stupid, stupid people.

I'll hazard a guess. Because people are dumb chits. The Covid-19 virus emanated from China, so ijits logic is that all Asian people will somehow infect you. About the best thing they can do is close up shop and hopefully ride it out.

The same reason why Corona beer sales have dropped somewhere between 45-75%...it's called Corona, just stupid, stupid people.

^^^This in a "nut" shell!

I would like to have the option to eat 200 lbs of burnt ends! :nod:. That would be a nice day of selling out! Get any pictures?

lol calm yourselves, they will be served soon. Today we cut and sauced everything, and I'm just hours away before filling the smoker with them. I'll show the rewards in the morning. Well, later morning. Not 4 in the morning like it is now.

Forced isn't the correct word. We are still allowed to do carry out. We tried that last week and sales were only 35-40% of normal business. It was costing more to be open (mainly labor and food cost) than to close entirely. Also product shortages.

So we're finding that rather than just try to be open for carry out and roll the dice every day on whether or not people come in, we can just open one or two days a week and plan like a popup flash sale on those days and make enough to cover our overhead.

Don't know if you have the resources, but a local bbq shop here has closed down the business but opened a food truck hitting busy areas of different towns all around the area. I think they are offering a limited menu. Thought this was a very wise idea.

Looking forward to seeing these burnt end pics!

Well, I didn't get any pics of everything all laid out at once, but we had 20 pans of these

49703858568_2d3aba723a_c.jpg

Had a 2 pound limit per person and sold out in just a few hours. Would love to do another event like this but suppliers are having a hard time getting things like brisket and pork until late next week. So we'll see.

Back