THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bmarley5780

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey guys!

I entered in my first rib competition and wanted to do the hot-n-fast weep method. But, doin some research on competition ribs and the Hot Fast Weep method there is one conflicting problem. The membrane.

Comp. - No membrane
HFW - leave membrane on.

Anyone have any guidance on this? Or, should I just stick to the 3-2-1 foil method?

Thanks!

i wouldn't experiment at my first comp, not that i have ever done one. stick to what you do best unless you have time to cook a few times and get it perfected. you might want to post this in the comp section so the comp guys can see it.

I don't know what cooker you're using but my ribs cook H&F 350*-450* whether grate cook or roti cook with the membrane on and there is never any sign of it after cooking...NEVER.

Not sure if it matters but I score it and apply olive oil.

I always pull the membrane off..... But never cooked hot n fast.... To me hot n fast is 235 and higher

Back