THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
So, in the spirit of St. Patty's Day and a little sumpin' sumpin' going on over at the throwdowns. I thought I'd throw out some green prOn today.

I got a great deal on this chicken at Giant since it was already opened.

IMG_2112.jpg

Nah, I'm just glad I didn't completely forget to take the ingredient pic. I wanted to show the wrapper because these Purdue's that come in the blue and GREEN wrapper are really good. They're not overly enhanced either.

I spatched that baby and hit it with a little Plowboys Fin and Feather. This then went on the egg cruising around 325-350 with some cherry and apple.

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

At this point, I have some time on my hands, it was really nice out so I decided to wash the wife's car. I started on the wheels and when I got to the second one, as soon as I touched the valve stem, it broke in farking half!!!! Son of a xxxxx! The lesson here is do not put metal valve stems on your car, especially if you live in the northeast. Cheap plastic isn't always a bad thing.

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

Anyway, back to the story.

The chicken came off when it hit 165*, looking good might I add.

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

So I threw a couple poblano's into the fire. I really had to watch out here because the egg wanted to immediately go to 800* once I had the lid open.

IMG_2144.jpg

Made a light roux then added some garlic, 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of chicken broth.

IMG_2173.jpg

The poblano's and 1 cup spinach went into the blender with half of the sauce mixture.

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

Mixed that back in with the remaining sauce, we've got a real nice green color working now.

IMG_2188.jpg

I mixed a cup of the sauce in with about 4 cups of chopped up chicken. Rolled a spoonful of that up into a corn tortilla with a little bit of monterey jack cheese. Lined them up in a pan and covered with the rest of the sauce and some more jack cheese.

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

Here are the results. It was pretty darn good. Next time I'll put more cumin in the sauce though.

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Happy St. Patty's day everyone!

Back