THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sean "Puffy" Coals

is one Smokin' Farker
I just have a few questions about how electric smokers work:

Do they have adjustible air inlets like stick burners do?

How important is airflow?

Do they run as hot as a stick burner?

Do they need the same ventilation or can they be used indoors?

How do the results compare to other types of smokers?

I'm asking because I saw Home Depot had a good sized electric smoker for $80 and I was thinking of getting it.

I have 2 electric smokers. I just got the new one once because it has 2 things i think the first one was lacking. Both of mine are MES 30" the first is an analog. what i don't like about it is that it has a small hole for the air venting. and the second is it has a control knob so you have to play with it to get the temps right.

My new one is the MES digital. it has air venting system that i can open and close and beable to help control the temp. Also it has a digital temp. so i jsut type in the temp i want. it comes close. then i jsut adjust the venting like i do with my offset.

No you can't do it in the house. I think that airflow may not make as much of a difference as it does on the offset but i will say i am liking having an option on mine now.

I think the most important thing is to get the brand and find out because i know some are really easy to work with and others
are not.

That is just my $.02

Back