El Paso

Headed to El Paso for work this week. Any good recommendations?

Lived in Las Cruces 25 years ago and used to go to State Line for special occasions for all you can eat beef ribs. It's a nice building built right on the state line separating New Mexico and Texas. Not sure if it's any good anymore. If you find yourself meandering to Las Cruces, I always enjoyed the village of Mesilla. The Double Eagle is a fabulous historical restaurant, which is more like a nineteenth century museum.

I lived in El Paso for 22 years. Moved away in 1996' The State line was our favorite food in El Paso. They owned several places called County Line. Same menu, great BBQ . The State Line has the Bar in Texas because of New Mexico licesing cost and rules.
I worked with Oscar Leeser in new car business for 15 years. Oscar now owns a Hyundai dealership and is the Mayor of El Paso for the second time.

Desert Oak BBQ, Skinnys BBQ, and Smoking Joe's BBQ. State Line makes good ribs. Cattlemens Steak House for steak. La Posta in Mesilla in Las Cruces. If you are looking for other types of grub, lemme know.

Bob

Thanks Bob. Ended up having tacos. Lots of awesome tacos. Elemi and Taconeta. Both were incredible. Maybe bbq next time. Stayed at Paso Del Norte which was fantastic. Greatest hospitality of any city I’ve traveled to for work. I’ll be back soon.

Desert Oak BBQ, Skinnys BBQ, and Smoking Joe's BBQ. State Line makes good ribs. Cattlemens Steak House for steak. La Posta in Mesilla in Las Cruces. If you are looking for other types of grub, lemme know.

Bob

Back