THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is a meet and greet with Bobby Q on Friday but i don't know if that is by invite only or not. check with Nancy. She aked me if I could make it. I don't know about after.

it says byo booze :biggrin:

i'll do rum marinated grilled pineapple and pizzas and bananas foster for dessert. i'll plan on bringing the medium and mini so i don't need to haul the trailer. if i can get a large to cook on up there, that would work! :biggrin:

nancy said "stay the weekend" so i guess i'm staying with her. :biggrin:

Ron,
I'm not entirely sure on the ground level.

I believe where it is set up (Nancy's worker pointed "Out there" when showing me) is fairly level. From the pictures, the cars drive (probably) through her gravel lot and slightly down grade to the pasteur.

Just got my ticket.

Look forward to meeting you Rick, as well as seeing Ron and Dann again.

After yesterday's nearly fully edible pizza attempt (write up & pics to follow asking for pointers) I'm looking forward to learning more!

Keeping fingers crossed so there is no issues that conflict for me!!!

she said there's a concert on sunday so it might be a long weekend

Hey, you guys and girls - have a great time and take some pics for those of us who have not been to an Eggfest - sort of like DonMarco does - people shots and food shots. let us enjoy it vicariously:mrgreen:

I am new to this site but frequent the eggheadforum often and a few of us are coming up as well from the Peoria area. Can't wait.

I am new to this site but frequent the eggheadforum often and a few of us are coming up as well from the Peoria area. Can't wait.

Cool! I met some guys from the Peoria area last fall at the Chicago Egg event at Carmichael's Steak House. I'll be the big guy cooking on a Large Egg :rolleyes: :biggrin: Oh yeah, I will probably be wearing my Brethren Apron.

Two of the four at Chicago Steak N' Eggs last fall are coming up so i'm sure we'll meet again. Ever make it down to the Peoria Eggfest?

Cool! I met some guys from the Peoria area last fall at the Chicago Egg event at Carmichael's Steak House. I'll be the big guy cooking on a Large Egg :rolleyes: :biggrin: Oh yeah, I will probably be wearing my Brethren Apron.

i put my brethren apron and hat in the truck already. save a corner of the tent for all brethren and we'll show em how it's done! 8)

Any one else coming?

I did a test run of Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings yesterday and they were great, so that's what i am going to cook.

looks like rain will be coming. :!:
maybe this year they can find a spot that is not the low spot on the property for the set-up! hahaha. judging by the photos, it was a swamp last year.

i got a hotel room at the AmericINN right up the road. anyone know where the friday meet & greet is?

who's giving up their large demo egg for me to make a couple of pizzas on? :biggrin:

also, i'm stopping at the fair oaks cheese place on the way up. who wants cheese?

Hey Guys Jeff here, (the guy who did the Steak & Egg's Event last year) trust me when I tell you, the rain last year was so bad, I thought I was in Lake Michigan! Hopefully this year will be better. Ron I got your message, I'll send you a PM later. I am hoping to stop by. Good luck to everyone who is going. Nancy I hope it's a great event. We were there last year & did mini Kabobs, they turned out very tasty!

how long does it run until? got a market until noon could head out to Oswego after depending on when it ends

looks like rain will be coming. :!:
maybe this year they can find a spot that is not the low spot on the property for the set-up! hahaha. judging by the photos, it was a swamp last year.

i got a hotel room at the AmericINN right up the road. anyone know where the friday meet & greet is?

who's giving up their large demo egg for me to make a couple of pizzas on? :biggrin:

also, i'm stopping at the fair oaks cheese place on the way up. who wants cheese?

Last year the rain was unbelievable. The scattered showers that they have in the forecast for Saturday are nothing!

Depending on how busy thing get you may be able to sneak a pizza in mine. I'll be cooking indirect at 350 or so, so we'd have to factor in time to get the temp up and then back down again.

Hey Guys Jeff here, (the guy who did the Steak & Egg's Event last year) trust me when I tell you, the rain last year was so bad, I thought I was in Lake Michigan! Hopefully this year will be better. Ron I got your message, I'll send you a PM later. I am hoping to stop by. Good luck to everyone who is going. Nancy I hope it's a great event. We were there last year & did mini Kabobs, they turned out very tasty!

I hope you can stop by, Jeff. Let me know on the other thing as well.

how long does it run until? got a market until noon could head out to Oswego after depending on when it ends

The cooking is scheduled to go until 3, but I am sure there will be folks around after that, and there are rumors about an after party as well.

Last year the rain was unbelievable. The scattered showers that they have in the forecast for Saturday are nothing!

Depending on how busy thing get you may be able to sneak a pizza in mine. I'll be cooking indirect at 350 or so, so we'd have to factor in time to get the temp up and then back down again.

I hope you can stop by, Jeff. Let me know on the other thing as well.

The cooking is scheduled to go until 3, but I am sure there will be folks around after that, and there are rumors about an after party as well.
thanks for the info Ron - I might make it then ..didnt want to show up just as everyone was packing up and leaving
Oswego hmmmm...havent been to Oswego since they closed the dragstrip down :)

Back