THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes. 24" T-Pit. When I bought it there was no issues as long as I was in and out of the garage. Beyond that was trouble. Now with the modifications it's great and a one man job to move.
And it looks a lot better!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A good heavy duty caster isn't going to be cheap, but well worth the price if you plan to move that beast around much. The bearings and races in the cheap casters are soft and gall easily causing them to bind up.
Check grainger.com

Larry

The metal casters was not working for me so I took them off. Also a good security measure since it makes it immobile. Is there a better option to move 1300 pounds of steel? I haven’t done an official measure but the bolt that holds it together is 1/2” I think.

91bee9fbf74de3d4e3deacf6d71e702b.jpg

e0c4a77eb81f06267877a19168deb596.jpg

:biggrin1:

1elLPpW.jpg

I had some small steel casters on my vertical...I was cheap, they were tiny- but rated for the load (cooker was only about 400 lbs). They sucked -hard. So I got some larger one (daddy was right about me not being a fast learner)- Rolled better on a perfectly clean concrete floor, but the smallest sliver of wood would bring it to a dead halt.

Got some polyurethane coated and they are sweet.

Back