Early start to memorial day

electron_si

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
N/A
Due to consuming a few adult beverages last night I woke up earlier than usual to get a cook started for some friends tonight. This is the first big smoke I’ve done on my new to me YS640. Started with a Sams 10+ lb natural pork butt. My neighbor dropped off a brisket flat from a steer that he had slaughtered. This will be my first butcher brisket, usually I’m smoking prime packers from sams. Also threw a maple fatty on for some apple pie beans.

Mixing it up today with all new rubs and methods:

Brisket: Kosmo’s Cow cover hot and Texas Beef, first time trying his rubs but I love his channel.

Butt: JOhn Henry pecan (used before) and BPS sweet money (never used). Going to wrap with Heath Riles butter bath. I don’t normally wrap butt’s but I wanted to speed up cook times and I just found butter bath at a new local BBQ store that I wanted to try.

Apple pie beans: first time making them, recipe didn’t call for fatty but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to crumble one up in there

Pics:

dhF5OkXl.jpg

nnOquLql.jpg

Hoping the rain will hold off for a while so I can enjoy some coffee

Forecast doesn’t look promising. I’ve got a patio umbrella rigged up for now but going to run to sams when they open and buy a canopy.

0PflCyEl.jpg

Weather has actually improved over what was forecast. It’s partly cloudy and mid 70’s which is just about perfect for smoking. The only down side of today was I got the wheels on my smoker muddy when I moved it to the back patio. It was a game time decision based on have a wind/rain block from storms coming up from the south.

Back