THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kevinb67

Knows what a fatty is.
So lately the radio has been running commercials about how you can get 25 ribeye steaks for $20.00. They are setup in a mall parking lot. Yes one of those. Well I would not feed that to my dog. This is more to my liking. 1 Tomahawk Ribeye Steak for $25.00. Went to Costco got me a Beef Ribeye Steak Bone-In USDA-Prime $13.99 / lb @ 1.76 lbs 2 inches thick. Comes to just under $25.00.

I pulled the steak out of the fridge and put on some salt, pepper, and a touch of granulated garlic. Let it rest while the Weber came up to temp. I setup my Weber kettle for indirect. It only took 3/4ths of a mini chimney of KBB to have it settle in at 250. Tossed on a chunk of hickory for some smoke flavor.

When she hit 110 internal I pulled the steak and brushed with melted butter. Added a bit more salt and pepper. Before I put it back on the Weber on the hot side I added another 3/4th of a chimney of hot KBB. I seared it on both sides for about 5 minutes total then seared the edges.

The hardest part was the rest. Oh my god it was painful. It was the most flavorful steak I have had. On to the pictures.

Tomahawk-Steak-1.jpg

Tomahawk-Steak-7.jpg

Tomahawk-Steak-8.jpg

I was thinking along the exact same lines for an early MD meal, since I have to work on Sunday. You may have pushed me closer to that decision. Nice cook.

Back